Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sewing Machine Cover

Well... It's been such a long time since I was able to sew anything. My older sewing machines did not work properly all these years. So, for Christmas I received a brand new one. 

Boy was I happy and scared at the same time. Happy because I have a new sewing machine and that I can make the outfits I've been wanting to make my daughters for so long. Scared because I am so rusty at sewing.

So I decided instead of going right into making the outfits, I would try some smaller projects. Pinterest had many options and wonderful ideas. Took me a long time to decide what I wanted to try first. 

When I came across the blog, Nap Time Journal, I knew what it would be.... 


I chose from my old fabrics that have been packed away and got to work. It was not easy. So many mistakes were made, but I was able to quickly fix them without any problems. Now I know what adjustments need to be made on the next cover I make. 

A fun learning project.




Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I glad you started sewing, it's actually kind of fun. When my mother thought me how to sew, my favorite thing to do was sew hair bows out of fabric scarps. It's the only thing I know how to do, hopefully in the summer I can teach myself something new. I hope you continue make and post more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I will definitely post more. Hopefully you'll be able to teach yourself something new this summer. The internet has lots of useful tutorials and videos.

      Delete
  3. You are hero status in my books because I really want to sew but I am very bad at needlework and sewing machines scares me because I tend to panic once the threads start running away from me.

    (swapbot - sgheartswaps)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what mean... The sewing machine scares me also, but I finally took the plunge. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them. If you like my blog, please follow me. Thank you and have a wonderful day!