Here is the postcard I created for the Handmade Art Postcard - Fall Theme swap. It was created using watercolor paints, salt, and an actual leaf.
- Cut 140# Watercolor Paper to 4" x 6" size.
- Cut out the Black & Craft Postcard from Canvas Corp. the same size. (Or you can use the other side of the watercolor paper to write on.
- Glue the the 2 papers together and place between 2 heavy books to dry flat.
- Sponge paint the whole card with watercolor paints.
- Put some salt on it while it's wet and let dry.
- Scrape off the dry salt and see the effect.
- Place a leaf on top and blot around the edges with watercolor paints and a paintbrush.
- Remove the leaf and paint in the veins with a pointy paintbrush. Let fully dry.
- Spray on some sealant. Let dry.
- Brush on some gloss medium. Let dry.
- Now you ready to write on and send you Postcard.
|Swap: Handmade Art Postcard - Fall Theme|
Date: November 21, 2014