Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Swap-bot's 10th Anniversary Mail Art Swap

It is Swap-Bot's 10th Anniversary. Because of this, Rachel hosted a fun swap for us. A mail art swap. Never done mail art to this extent. But hey... it was a challenge and absolutely fun. I used Ernie the envelope as inspiration with the art of Zendoodle and it took off from there.


First off.... The Envelope:


The front features the USPS Eagle, surrounded by flowers.




The back features Ernie the Envelope (Swap-Bot's Mascot), in disguise.


Next... The ATC:


The front features Ernie sending Swap-bot some mail art.


The back features the envelope sealed with a heart.


This ATC has been drawn with ink pen, colored with colored pencils and sealed with gloss medium on both sides.

These works of art are traveling to a fellow swapper in Canada.

As I was sending off this colorful envelope at my local Post Office, the Mail Clerk was is awe of my drawings and delivered wonderful comments about my work.

** Have a safe trip Ernie!!! **


UPDATE: I was notified on October 23rd that Ernie arrived safely to his destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them. If you like my blog, please follow me. Thank you and have a wonderful day!