Friday, September 11, 2015

Suns, Pumpkins, Watercolors, ZenDoodles... Oh My!





I went on a painting and Zen Doodling rampage with two subjects in mind... Suns and Pumpkins. I'm sad to see the Summer slowly leaving and Autumn approaching quickly. Gonna miss the nice warm/hot weather that Summer brings. However I am excited Autumn is almost here because of the sweet smells and the beautiful colors. That's why the Sunrises, Sunsets, and Pumpkins come to mind.

Title: Watercolor Sunrise
Date: September 6, 2015
Type: ATC

Title: Zen Doodle Sunset
Date: September 6, 2015
Type: ATC
Title: Zen Doodle Sunrise 1
Date: September 4, 2015
Type: ACEO

Title: Zen Doodle Sunrise 2
Date: September 4, 2015
Type: ACEO

Title: Sun Rays
Date: September 4, 2015
Type: ACEO

Title: Zen Doodle Pumpkin
Date: September 1, 2015
Type: ACEO
Zen Doodle Jack was drawn when I was waiting for my son at the school parking lot around midnight. He plays clarinet for the school band during the football games. I painted Jack the next day.

Title: Zen Doodle Jack
Date: September 4, 2015
Type: ACEO
Zen Doodle Pumpkin with a side of Mushrooms was drawn a different type of watercolor paper... 90#?. It came in a watercolor set I bought for my kids. Interesting paper. Soaks the fluids right in and doesn't spread very easily. However, it does have a nice effect and texture. The paper I use is 140# Cold Press. The Pumpkin is my own design. However, the Mushrooms were inspired by the book, "The Art of Zentangle: 50 Inspiring Drawings, Designs and Ideas for the Meditative Artist".


Title: Zen Doodle Pumpkin with a side of Mushrooms
Date: September 6, 2015
Type: 4" x 5.75" Art Card
Inspired by: The Art of Zentangle (page 46)

Have a wonderful day and hope you were inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them. If you like my blog, please follow me. Thank you and have a wonderful day!