Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Groundhog Day!

Well readers... Happy Groundhog Day!

Today we received contradicting predictions across the United States. 

In PunxsutawneyPennsilvania, the groundhog, Punxsutawney Phil, saw his shadow predicting 6 more weeks of winter. 

In Portland, Oregon, the hedgehog, Whiskers J, did not see his shadow predicting an early spring.

Who do you believe? I'm leaning towards the hedgehog this year due to the fact that where I live it has been unusually warm. I could be wrong. Who knows. Just a fun way to predict the weather. I love it.

I honor of today's holiday, I painted two ACEO sized groundhogs.

Groundhog ACEO
Date: February 2, 2015
Inspired By: Jon Atkinson's Groundhog Photo
Groundhog ACEO
Date: February 2, 2015
Inspired By: Joe Kosack's Groundhog Photo

Have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Here in NW Arkansas, we've got a chilly couple days ahead of us and then 50s for the rest of the week. It's been weirdly warm here, too. It's neat visiting someone from Portland. We lived in Eastern Oregon up until last year. We're both from Baker City and moved from Pendleton.

    Hope you're having a nice week!
    Blessings,
    Sarah
    lostinavalon on SwapBot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them. If you like my blog, please follow me. Thank you and have a wonderful day!