|Title: Summer Dragonfly|
Date: August 2, 2014
Swap: Summer Dragonfly ATC
Here is another crayon resist ATC, but with a different twist. Here's how I did it:
- White Artist Paper cut ATC size (2.5" x 3.5")
- Use a dragonfly stamp with orange ink.
- Trace outline of dragonfly with a Sharpie pen.
- Color in dragonfly with white crayon. Make sure you press hard.
- Sponge stamp over and around dragonfly with various ink colors.
- Let dry for a couple minutes.
- Watercolor the whole paper with various colors (I just used children watercolors).
- Let dry completely.
- Scrape off some of the white crayon on black areas.
- Use a Sharpie pen to re-do lines of dragonfly in areas you want to stand out.
- Cover with Gloss Medium (This what makes the dragonfly and colors pop)
- Let dry and add another coat of Gloss Medium. Repeat. (3 coats is usually good enough.)
- Glue cardboard (cut ATC size) onto the back.
- Glue paper (cut ATC size) to the back of the carboard.
- Fold wax paper around the ATC and place in book to dry flat.
- Once it is fully dried, write ATC info on back... Title, Artist Name, Date Created, etc.
- Place in a clear Card Sleeve.
Now you have a beautiful artistic ATC to trade. Have Fun...