Thursday, July 3, 2014

Round Robin # 22

There is another Round Robin I am participating in on Swap-Bot. This piece involves Blackwork Embroidery. I have never heard of this type of stitching before, so I looked in my cross stitching books and studied up on it. Very interesting and tedious. So I gave it a try and created a pattern of my own with the patterns provided in one of my books.

Round Robin #22


Source: The Cross Stitcher's Bible (Page 62)
Title: Blackwork Patterns
Date Completed my Section: June 21, 2014
Theme: Blackwork

I used the patterns to create my own from "The Cross Stitcher's Bible" by Jane Greenoff... (Pages 60-62)

I used step-by-step techniques from "Reader's Digest: Complete Book of Cross Stitch and Counted Thread Techniques" by Eleanor Van Zandt... (Pages 98-101)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them. If you like my blog, please follow me. Thank you and have a wonderful day!